What if your job had an impact on shaping the future of urban mobility? Imagine your analysis and dashboards improving sustainable last-mile transportation for cities all over Europe. If you're a Data Analyst looking to join a movement, then look no further.
We're on a mission to transform urban mobility - providing a fun and sustainable alternative to the regular commute. We’re in the midst of setting the foundation for the future of Voi, this is your chance to leave your mark.
At Voi, you won’t just be working with the latest technology, you’ll shape the product we put out on the streets. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of data points. We believe in decisions made based on facts, not opinions, and want to democratize data with analytical teams across the organization. Our data set is vast and complex, ranging from geospatial data, transaction data, operations data, scooter sensor data, and user and marketing data, and you will have an opportunity to work across all the above.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
The Data Analyst is responsible for delivering well-curated data, visualizations, and actionable insights that guide decision-making and address our key problems. This specific role will support Voi’s Policy Business Unit (PBU) and as such you will support in the most critical analyses & work closely with stakeholders across Voi - with a special focus on the Policy managers, central policy teams, and our CCO.
The central Data Analytics team is responsible for the key data tables, BI tools, dashboards and decision support models that are used every day across our central functions & markets. You will work alongside other data analysts, data warehouse engineers, and product owners in a collaborative environment.
Voi’s Policy Business Unit (PBU)
The shared micro-mobility industry has a history of poor relationships with cities & policymakers. However, when Voi was founded in 2018 we set out to be different, and rather than working against cities, we set out to work with cities and only enter markets where we were actively wanted. This approach has made us the clear market leader in the regulated UK market and the go-to operator in Europe when it comes to advocating for a licensed market environment. PBU acts as the custodian of this heritage and our purpose is to spearhead VOI’s right to exist in cities across the world, by winning, protecting & shaping tenders. On a daily basis, PBU works to make our service safer & more accessible while minimizing clutter & negative environmental impact.
- Analyze problems like traffic incidents, cluttering, and environmental footprint and find their root cause through internal & external data
- Extract, manipulate and visualize data to find and understand patterns
- Clean data to develop features and signals in a vast, unordered data set
- Build action-oriented dashboards that enable teams & policymakers to make data-driven decisions
- Present insights and recommendations to colleagues, managers & Voi’s city stakeholders
- Handle integration with external stakeholders like the police, hospitals & public transportation authorities
- Support product and tech teams in evaluation and definition of new features
- Teach team members and create an environment for data-driven ways of working
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO EMBARK
- A university degree in a relevant field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Engineering, Business)
- Professional work experience from data analytics and data visualization
- Experience and ability to work independently in SQL
- Experience from building visualizations and dashboards (e.g. in Tableau)
- Business interest and insight to contextualize problem-solving
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment
- Interest in working with questions related to cities, urban planning & public policy
- Professional working proficiency in English, Swedish is not required
- Additional programming languages beyond SQL is a plus (Python, R etc.)
Micro-mobility is ever-evolving, and no day is like the other. Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth, but our purpose, voiage, and culture. It also includes:
- 30 days of paid vacation
- €300 Annual health contribution
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible hour
- Voi for Business (limitless Voi rides)
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro-mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments, and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.