Voi Technology is the leading European micro-mobility company and innovator within the market for last-mile transportation in Europe. We are currently looking for a Subject matter expert in electric vehicle batteries to join our Vehicle R&D team.
The growing Voi team is in the process of making cities free from pollution and noise. To make this happen we believe in making light, electrical vehicles more accessible for the people. Join us if you want to build your career in a revolutionary company and one of Europe's hottest scale-ups!
As Lead Engineer - Battery Systems and Propulsion, you’ll be responsible for realizing the power of stunning new Voi vehicles which set us apart from our competitors. Work with innovative products and suppliers at the forefront of the micro-mobility field, with the explicit goal of creating sustainable product offerings.
- Be the expert on battery technology, charging infrastructure and electric propulsion in the team that owns our vehicle platform
- Be deeply involved in design, prototyping, and testing of all electrical systems inside our vehicles
- Stay on top of technological trends and make sure Voi’s vehicles are at the cutting-edge of battery and charging efficiency, safety and reliability
- Evaluate different technologies and suppliers to find the best battery, charging and powertrain solutions for our vehicles
- Work with other engineers in analysis, investigation and resolution of vehicle problems as they related to the electrical systems
- Lead development of supplier specifications and standards for all vehicle systems
- Define and maintain test specifications and procedures for all vehicle electrical systems
- Be the expert in the future strategy of battery and charging technology for Voi vehicles.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in electric vehicle domains
- Knowledge of Battery structure, Cell chemistry, Battery packs, BMS design, Charging infrastructure and more.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience working with electric vehicles
- Experience building test infrastructure for electrical vehicles
- Experience with electrical motor controllers and electrical motors
- Familiar with automation testing process and development
- Familiar with digital and analog circuit design
- Familiar with ISO standards for electrical components
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Be a vital part in building amazing new products with high public visibility
- Be part of an exceptionally talented Vehicle R&D Team that spearheads the vehicle design in the hottest micro-mobility scale-up in Europe
- Have a huge impact on a product that makes a difference!
In this recruitment, Voi is collaborating with Mpya Sci & Tech. Please submit your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the role or the recruitment process, please contact Talent Advisor Patrik Artman, 0733-908035
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!