VOI Technology is the leading European micro-mobility company and innovator within the market for last-mile transportation in Europe.
Our growing scooter club is currently looking for a talented engineer to join our IoT R&D team in Gothenburg. If you would like to play an instrumental part in shaping our future products - this is the position for you! Come join one of Sweden’s hottest startups!
As an Embedded Systems IoT Engineer, you’ll be a key part of our IoT team, taking our next-gen IoT solutions from concept to production. You'll help us stay at the forefront of the micro-mobility field, with the explicit goal of enabling sustainable city environments - free from cars and pollution!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build know-how of all embedded devices in our products, understand their capabilities and influence our tech roadmaps.
- Build our next-gen IoT solutions, as well as taking part in design and development of other edge computing nodes in our vehicles, such as motor controllers and battery management systems.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be part of a team that owns our hardware platforms end-to-end, from concept, to first bring-up and all the way to deployment and maintenance
- Drive concept studies, tech evaluations and prototype potential future features including vision-based and AI-accelerated solutions
- Collaborate across teams to deliver cross-functional feature updates
- Improve our tools and CI/CD systems
- Work closely with suppliers and tech partners in designing our future products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Embedded devices, preferably within the IoT domain
- Good understanding of Resource constrained hardware, Data Structures, RTOS concepts and system architecture of embedded systems
- Knowledge of version control tools (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with embedded ARM platforms
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Willing to take the lead and drive design decisions
- Passionate about agile concepts and team work
- Experience with firmware for mobile wireless devices (2G/3G/LTE)
- Experience with embedded BLE devices
- Knowledge of IoT devices and protocols such as LWM2M, CAN, UART, TCP/IP, HTTP and MQTT
- Knowledge of schematics and PCB design
- Experience with embedded devices that support over-the-air updates (FOTA)
- Experience developing boot loaders for embedded devices
- Knowledge of electric motor controllers
- Knowledge of battery management systems
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- To be an important part of a rapidly growing team in one of Europe’s hottest scale-ups #startupoftheyear2020
- Managing a dedicated and fast growing team in an international environment
- Close work with the rest of the organisation, to continuously develop our product to be the best in the market
- The chance to see your ideas and designs implemented on a far-reaching scale. Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.