The growing Voi Technology team is making the morning commute to work exponentially more enjoyable. That's why we have created networks of electrically-powered scooters throughout densely populated urban centers. And that's where you could show your skills!
At Voi you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part of the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app and finally operating all this as a whole.
If you are an experienced backend developer with a keen interest in data while designing and building great, scalable and high performing products and also doing it for a good environmental cause, then we would love to talk to you about joining our Engineering Department and work with a team of highly driven developers to help make our backend ever more amazing.
We build our backend in Golang, but there is no requirement of previous experience in that language. We believe that good engineers can switch and learn new languages and technologies. We are using Microservices architecture to be as scalable as possible as we expand throughout Europe. We host everything on Google Cloud Platform and we also use Kubernetes.
- Build and design scalable and reliable backend for our various products
- Working closely with our analysts and various internal business partners to ensure data needs are met
- Ensure that acquisition and processing of data is working
- Drive new ideas and initiatives regarding data, architecture, tools, and programming languages.
- 5+ years of experience in backend engineering.
- Love for exploring and understanding data
- Used to work with Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Experience in building systems with microservice architecture
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Stream processing frameworks (such as Apache Beam or Apache Flink)
- Experience in Golang
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with analytical functions on SQL
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related STEM
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Work in a rapidly changing field
- Work with a team of diverse, like-minded developers
- Playing a critical role in the transformation of European transportation
- Work close with the product and impact what it becomes
If you believe that you are the right fit, please do not hesitate to submit an application with your resume.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!