Due to increased success across Europe and further investment in DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) and Eastern Europe, we are looking for a Regional General Manager to take full ownership of DACH and Eastern Europe, taking advantage of our continued success and setting Voi on path to become the indisputable leading operator in the region.
In the position as Regional General Manager (RGM) you will have the overall responsibility for the performance and results of the DACH & EE region. This includes market development, week to week management, team development and long term planning for the growth and success of the region as a whole.
You will report directly to the VP Markets and will be skip-level to the CEO. In the role you will have a team of GMs and Senior Managers reporting directly to you while other functions such as Finance, Legal, Public Policy, HR, TA and Communication will have a dotted line to you, as part of the broader regional leadership team.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for market development which includes developing and owning the market plan, unlocking cities, improving regulations in the cities we are in and representing the business locally to external stakeholders
- Week to week management; follow up on plan with team on a weekly basis to hit P&L goals
- Responsible for developing a business plan and long term planning; setting monthly, quarterly and annual strategy plans and updates to the broader organisation
- Responsible for budget, staff, resources and setting team norms within own team
- Responsible for building and developing a strong team and organisation
- Responsible for workforce planning and succession planning within the country
- Responsible for public representation of Voi in the local market
- Representing the local market’s need to HQ teams for consideration and roadmap development.
- Will be expected to take lead on Voi wide strategic & organisational initiatives beyond managing their markets
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Min 8+ years of proven work experience from areas within business management, operations, strategy or similar.
- Native or Fluent in German & English is an essential requirement
- Previous experience working as a General Manager, Country Manager or similar is preferable
- Extensive experience in hiring and leading a team as well as a desire to invest in developing them
- Proven effective project management skills and prior experience of stakeholder management with engaging external stakeholders and navigating complex internal stakeholder landscapes.
- Bachelor or Master of Science within business, economics, engineering or similar
Nice to have: Previous experience dealing with Government and/or local city stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced senior leader, comfortable in a management role with many direct reports where you evaluate performance and also coach them towards development and excellence
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage several tasks and projects at once where you always drive the progress of the work forward
- Adaptable to changing circumstances in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you need to be able to work independently and execute on tasks quickly
- Analytical mindset that continuously evaluates the current structure to find potential changes and improvements, whilst solving problems on-the-go
- People Management skills, incorporating team career development as well as identifying your high performers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both in writing and speaking. Able to successfully manage several stakeholders and nurture professional relationships with them.
- Goal-oriented personality, that perceives challenges as opportunities to grow and manages to solve problems when they appear
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.