Engineering - Sweden – Stockholm
The growing VOI Technology team is in the process of making the dreaded morning commute to work exponentially more enjoyable. In due time, we will have a network of electrically-powered scooters throughout densely populated urban centres. Users will access these vehicles via a phone application and ride to wherever they need to be, leaving the scooter for the next user.
We are seeking an experienced back-end developer to handle large systems reliably. Working in a microservices system with IOT devices and high throughput.
- Building and designing REST and gRPC APIs
- Working closely with various business partners
- Architecture design
- Large scale data processing to understand user behaviour and help define new product features
- Developing scalable, performant, and reliable systems
- Experience in backend engineering
- Good programming skills
- Experience in cloud environment
- Experience in Linux
- Architectural thinking
- Great problem solvers: ability to deal with technical challenges as they come
- Understanding of distributed systems and service oriented architecture
- Independent and self reliant
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience in backend development in Go (Golang)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related STEM
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Work in a rapidly changing field
- Work with a team of diverse, like-minded developers
- Playing a critical role in the transformation of European transportation
If you believe that you are the right fit, please do not hesitate to submit an application with your resume.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. We know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and Voi welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!