What if your job had an impact on shaping the future of urban mobility? Imagine your analysis and dashboards improving sustainable last-mile transportation for cities all over Europe. Imagine changing an industry with your team's latest products and features.
Voi is on a mission to transform urban mobility - providing a fun and sustainable alternative to the regular commute. We’re in the midst of setting the foundation for the future of Voi, this is your chance to leave your mark.
At Voi, you won’t just be working with the latest technology, you’ll shape the product we put out on the streets. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of data points. Our data set is vast and complex, ranging from geospatial data, transaction data, operations data, scooter sensor data, and user and marketing data, and you will have an opportunity to work across all the above.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
The Data Analyst is responsible for delivering well-curated data, visualizations, and actionable insights that underpin all decisions of what Voi will focus on. This specific role will support Voi’s Rider Business Unit (RBU) and as such you will support the most critical analyses of our customers & work closely with stakeholders across Voi.
You will be supported by the central data analytics team, who are responsible for the key data tables, BI tools, dashboards and decision support models that are used every day across our central functions & markets. You will work alongside other data analysts, data warehouse engineers, product owners, and product managers in a collaborative environment.
- Provide insight into the whole product process: from trying to understand real-world user problems and the scope to measuring and evaluating the strengths of existing solutions, to support shaping the future of the rider business unit and greater product strategy.
- Work with real user data and understand how people navigate our cities and uncover the issues they may face. Identify, evaluate and decipher user patterns to contribute to Voi make better product decisions
- Understand rider behavior, parking/cluttering behavior through internal data
- Extract, manipulate and visualize data to find and understand rider patterns
- Clean data to develop features and signals in a vast, unordered data set
- Build action-oriented dashboards that enable the RBU team & the company to make data-driven decisions
- Present insights and recommendations to colleagues, managers & Voi’s stakeholders
- Support product and tech teams in the evaluation and definition of new features.
- Teach team members and create an environment for data-driven ways of working.
WHY RIDER BUSINESS UNIT?
Do you want to generate insights that directly impact e-scooters and how cities solve transportation in the coming century? Do you have a curious mind and want to understand users? You will work closely with the RBU team (particularly the Product Managers) to reveal user behavior and ride patterns. We’re looking for someone with system thinking abilities and constantly asking—‘Why?’ We welcome creative and innovative candidates who aren’t afraid to push back or take lead on exploring prioritized data projects. For you, perfection is the enemy of done and you are comfortable working with imperfect datasets and handling assumptions. You are able to eyeball if a conclusion is certain enough to make decisions in a fast paced environment.
Mindset and abilities are essential. Experience in drawing conclusions or defining categories about user behavior and segments from data is also very welcome.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- A university degree in an relevant field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- Professional work experience from data analytics and data visualization
- Experience and ability working independently in SQL
- Experience from building visualizations and dashboards (e.g. in Tableau)
- Business interest and insight to contextualize problem-solving
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment
- Interest in working with questions related to cities, urban planning & public policy
- Professional working proficiency in English, Swedish is not required
- Additional programming languages beyond SQL is a plus (Python, R etc.)
- Experience from working with product research or geospatial data is a big plus.
Micro-mobility is ever-evolving, and no day is like the other. Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth but our purpose, voiage, and culture. It also includes:
- 30 days of paid vacation
- €300 Annual health contribution
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible hour
- Voi for Business (limitless Voi rides)
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro-mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments, and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!