The Product Owner is responsible for the quality and scalability of our technical products. You will own the execution of the product roadmap and define and deliver features that solve problems for our end users. You collaborate on a daily basis with developers, designers, analysts and product managers to refine and prioritize our squad backlog.
We expect you to find the devil in the details and to deliver tangible value by taking product strategy from good ideas to great execution. You will own launches as well as continuous reliability of our features and services.
YOUR SPECIFIC ROLE
As the Product Owner of Pricing and Payments, you take on a specialized Product Owner role where we expect you to take interest in the field of pricing and payments solutions including discounting, PSP integrations and subscription solutions. The role reports to the VP Growth who leads our Growth business unit, which covers customer acquisition, retention, pricing and payments.
Many of our key product responsibilities lie under the Pricing & Payments squad including parts of the onboarding of new riders, collecting payments, subscription and pricing models as well as churn prevention.
There will be overlaps in the different product domains within Growth, and for this reason you will work extra closely alongside the Product Manager of Growth, collaborating on among other things our discount functionality and price products.
Beyond product development responsibilities, you will also work closely with the Business control team, Head of CRM/Lifecycle Marketing, Head of Brand and Growth Managers in the markets including their teams to operationalize our growth toolkit and help them improve acquisition and retention KPIs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the user perspective in your product domain
- Prioritize items on the backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Explain the roadmap and overall product purpose to the squad
- Ensure quality of product overseeing incidents and critical bugs
- Express user stories and other items on the squad backlog
- Proactively align with stakeholders on roadmaps and release plans and execution
- Ensure relevant event tracking and data models are in place for product evaluation
- Iterate on and fine tune features in your domain to ensure max business impact
- Plan and execute the sprint
- 4+ years of experience as a product owner or product manager
- Formally or informally led teams of developers
- Ownership and execution mindset
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
You likely have
- A university degree in an engineering, science or management discipline
- Experience from growth, acquisition and retention product development
- Experience as an engineer or developer
- Ability to lead tactical, hands-on prioritization exercises with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to lay out arguments and plans in a well-structured, data-informed, narrative
- Ability to devise solutions to hard problems with many constraints and ambiguities, using sound judgement to assess risks
- Experience of leading projects with clear timeline and deliverables planning
- Experience working closely with data analysts and engineers
- Experience of working with product management tools
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.