Group Legal Counsel
Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Are you looking for a role with true impact? Then you’ve come to the right place.
At Voi, we’re committed to transforming urban mobility at its core, and we’re looking for smart and dedicated people to join us on our mission. Since the launch in 2018, Voi has been on an amazing growth journey and we have no intention of stopping now. We’re in the midst of laying the foundation of Voi, and this role offers the opportunity of having a direct impact on how we run future operations. As a Voiager, you’re not just an employee, you’re an owner and a contributor - you’re part of transforming urban mobility.
We are trying to build the best legal team across the industry. Currently we are small, but we are aiming high and need the best to join us.
We are looking for a Group Legal Counsel to support our Policy Unit, across the Group. We want a lawyer who thrives in creating structure in a high-paced environment and who can keep us in top shape when it comes to managing our tendering and procurement matters all over Europe. Whilst working with Policy, you will still be a part of Voi’s Legal team, helping out on regional matters in conjunction with a regionally focussed lawyers. You will hold a central role, reporting directly to our General Counsel, and be the primary point of contact from the Policy Unit into the Legal team. You will also be based in London.
Get involved in the micro mobility community and be a part of shaping the future of urban mobility, here’s your chance to join the VOIage of a lifetime.
Our Policy Unit is a key player in realising our vision “Cities made for living, free from noise and pollution”. As its primary counsel to it, with your commercial mindset, technical expertise and influencing skills, you will help strengthen their work and help them achieve their objectives. In this role, we place weight on teamwork and building relationships rather than just handling transactions.
This is a brand new role within Voi. You will have the opportunity to form and shape the way in which we provide legal support to our Policy unit in close collaboration with our General Counsel. As a member of the Legal Team, you will (and must!) play an integral role in the wider legal function, moving the business forward and helping Voi operate and expand in the right ways.
- Primary liaison / point of contact for the Public Policy Unit into Voi Legal and external law firms
- Lead on tenders and concession agreements across the UK and EU, working with regional Counsel, the Head of Legal and the General Counsel
- Focus for UK and EU tendering analysis, procurement processes and responses, and subsequent dispute and associated contract management
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- Deep experience of public tender work, commercial agreements, administrative law and associated dispute management, preferably across several industries
- Combination of top notch private practice and serious in-house
- Several years of specialisation and demonstrable track record in public procurement and administrative law.
Bonus points for:
- We like breadth and diversity in our Legal team and across Voi: having a few strings to your bow makes you really useful. We are small enough that we all have to turn our hands to many things. Bringing something over above the necessities will be valued, like a knowledge of information technology, fintech and/or mobility sectors
- Languages: the more the merrier
- You love riding e-scooters
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.