Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Are you looking for a role with true impact? Then you’ve come to the right place.
We’re currently expanding our Finance team with a Tax Manager, a brand new role within Voi. You will have the opportunity to shape how we work, both today and tomorrow. We are building the best finance team across the industry and we’re looking for someone with the ambition to make a difference, making us better. Ready to embark?
At Voi, we’re committed to transforming urban mobility at its core, and we’re looking for smart and dedicated people to join us on our mission. Since the launch in 2018, Voi has been on an amazing growth journey and we have no intention of stopping now. We’re in the midst of laying the foundation of Voi, and this role offers the opportunity of having a direct impact on how we run future operations. As a Voiager, you’re not just an employee, you’re an owner and a contributor - you’ll be part of our growth, our purpose, voiage and culture.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As our new Tax Manager you will lead and build our overall tax work across all aspects of tax and play a key role in Voi’s continued growth and success. Your role will have an emphasis on VAT compliance across all markets in Europe , both EU and non-EU countries. Since our inception we have grown from a startup to a multi-million company with subsidiaries in 10 European markets. On this journey we have built a professional finance function and as a key member of this team, you’ll be working cross-functionally with people from all over Europe. This new position is a way for the company to insource external services as well as specifically increase our overall focus on VAT and import VAT as we scale our fleet of e-scooters across Europe. The role will include;
- Emphasis on VAT compliance across all markets in Europe (EU and non-EU)
- Import VAT
- Cross border VAT regulations moving physical goods in Europe (EU and non-EU)
- Managing/overseeing all VAT filings across Europe
- Managing the preparation and filing of tax returns, estimates, and extensions.
- Managing the daily relationship with external tax services providers
- Managing tax audits across the group.
- Monitoring the Company’s transfer pricing policies and related documentation, including coordination of annual transfer pricing study.
- Understanding and supporting in Employee taxes in multiple jurisdictions, incentive programs
- Maintaining policies and procedures governing the tax processes and implement and maintaining appropriate internal controls concerning the same
- Participating In tax projects/studies as the company expands its business/markets.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- 3-5+ years of experience of tax matters, particular VAT, in a larger company and/or consultancy
- Relevant academic background
- Experience from various direct and indirect taxes, in Europe, especially VAT matters and intra-community transactions for goods
- A solid general accounting/finance understanding
- Documented experience from change management and project work
- English written and spoken
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience from hands-on reporting of VAT in more than 3 European countries, especially from a business with a high level of transactions
- Speak/read more than two European languages
- A true European team player who thrives in building a cross country network
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. It also includes:
- Flexible public holidays/30 days of paid vacation/etc
- Annual health contribution
- Flexible hours/work from anywhere/etc
- A chance to make a difference
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.