Head of Accelerated Machine Learning
Will you be our next Head of Machine Learning?
The growing Voi Technology team is making the morning commute exponentially more enjoyable. That's why we have created networks of electrically-powered scooters throughout densely populated urban centers. And that's where you could show your skills!
We are investing behind a dedicated team with the mission to accelerate ML at scale at Voi, and looking for someone to lead the effort. The team will focus on the most value-adding use cases, where it is your responsibility to create a deep understanding of the business' needs and build a roadmap from that.
Prototyping is easy, but scaling is hard, and a key expectation is to build necessary understanding of tools, roles, capabilities and infrastructure required for taking the use cases to continuous production across our markets.
You will be part of the Software & Data business unit and report to Voi’s VP of Software Engineering, but work cross-functionally across the organization including Operations, Growth, Rider, Hardware and Policy teams and their related business challenges.
We’re looking for someone with proven ML domain expertise with experience from leading teams of 3-5 data scientists and engineers to take on this challenging mix of ideation, planning and execution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify, size and prioritise ML use cases across the business
- Deliver tangible user, operational and financial value from ML products
- Set and evaluate roadmaps and OKRs in collaboration with your team and other departments
- Hire, coach and develop a cross-functional team with the right tools, confidence and motivation
- Present results and learnings from ML work to accelerate the adoption across the entire organisation
WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE
- Experience from building and scaling ML products
- Previous hands-on experience from data science or software development
- Experience in people management with strong leadership and mentoring skills
- You communicate to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Voi while embodying our core values
- Analytical and science mindset with business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.