At Voi Technology we want to make cities free from pollution and noise. To make this happen we believe in making light, electrical vehicles more accessible for the people. Besides breathing micro mobility, we also have engineering and product close to heart and want to develop the best products out there. This is a unique opportunity to take part in shaping the future in urban mobility in Europe forever!
We are now looking for an experienced Product Owner to own and drive the product roadmap for our Vehicle API. The Vehicle API Squad is in the Software and Data business unit and you’ll report to our Engineering Manager.
The team is responsible for one of our most central services; the Vehicle API. This API is the interface for all other dev squads to control any type of vehicle in our fleet.
As Product Owner in this team, you’ll be part of the squad and work closely with both internal developer squads and external 3rd party providers. You’ll ensure quality integrations with our own IoT stack and ensure all data to and from vehicles flows in robust and secure ways. You’ll also be part of the Product Management chapter and collaborate with the other PMs, POs and EMs at Voi.
As Product Owner you’re responsible for the quality and scalability of our technical products. You will own the execution of the product roadmap and define and deliver features that solve problems for our end users. You collaborate on a daily basis with engineers and stakeholders to refine and prioritize our squad backlog.
We expect you to find the devil in the details and to deliver tangible value by taking product strategy from good ideas to great execution. You will own launches as well as continuous reliability of our features and services.
Fun fact about us: we own all parts of our business, such as the tech platform, hardware development, marketing and policy work. This means you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app and finally operating all this as a whole.
As a Product Owner Vehicle API you will be responsible for:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the user perspective in your product domain
- Prioritize items on the backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Explain the roadmap and overall product purpose to the squad
- Ensure quality of product overseeing incidents and critical bugs
- Express user stories and other items on the squad backlog
- Proactively align with stakeholders on roadmaps and release plans and execution
- Ensure relevant event tracking and data models are in place for product evaluation
- Iterate on and fine tune features in your domain to ensure max business impact
- Plan and execute the sprint
- 3+ years experience of working with product development
- Experience in creating and articulating clear product roadmaps based on business value
- Understanding of agile methods and the Product Owner role in particular
- Experience of finding and creating KPIs/success metrics for multiple products
- Understanding of engineering craftsmanship
Requirements that will make you stand out:
- Previous experience from API design
- Ability to lay out arguments and plans in a well-structured, data-informed, narrative
- Ability to devise solutions to hard problems with many constraints and ambiguities, using sound judgement to assess risks
- Experience of working with standard BI systems such as Tableau/Looker
- Experience building clear presentation materials
- Experience building advanced excel/google sheets
This position offers:
- Working in a fast-growing and changing market.
- An innovative environment with new techniques.
- An international and diverse environment with colleagues from all over the world.
- The freedom to try out new things and ways of working together with your team.
- Being part of a rapidly growing Engineering team in the hottest scale up in Europe.
- A possibility for you to shape the future of micro mobility.
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.