Voi continues to grow, and we are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager to supervise Voi in Leipzig. If you would like to be a part of scaling up one of Europe’s hottest startups, this is the position for you.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for running the warehouse, repairs and maintenance of the fleet in Leipzig. The role combines team and culture management with diligent process follow-ups and execution and results. You'll have a team of Vehicle Mechanic Leads and Mechanics reporting to them. Tasks include:
- Plan and structure the workflow in the warehouse in accordance with best practice, in terms of work stations and responsibilities of the Vehicle Mechanics.
- Supervise and motivate the team towards keeping productivity and quality high and feel a sense of purpose to keep them engaged.
- Take ownership of the costs for the facility, warehouse operations and team, working towards low expenditure where possible.
- Ensure that the warehouse has all necessary tools and spare parts for repairs.
- Ensure we live up to local compliance requirements in the warehouses as well as Voi safety standards.
- Make sure reporting is done correctly and teams use the Repair Management System throughout their work.
- Take ownership of the process and always work towards meeting central targets and objective key results.
- Analyse simple data sets to understand how to drive continuous process improvement.
- If necessary be ready to get hands on and implement repairs alongside the Vehicle Mechanic team, ensuring that KPIs are reached in time and the backlog is not built.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The Warehouse Manager is a motivated, high-energy individual with a capacity to understand repairs and warehouse related work. With great communication skills, and a willingness to perform one-off tasks as needed, you can motivate others to reach and exceed their targets.
- 2-5+ years of proven work experience from warehouse management, logistics, operations or similar. Monitoring performance, establishing plans and following up on actions taken
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and compliance
- Analytical and computer skills, where you are comfortable in using data analysis tools (such as Tableau and Excel) to evaluate key metrics and performance.
- Mechanical interest with experience of working with basic mechanical tools.
- Fluency in both English and German
WHO YOU ARE
To be a good fit for this role, we believe you have the following:
- Good communication skills, both in writing and speaking
- Resolves problems freely and has the ability to handle difficult or unexpected situations in the daily work in a pragmatic way.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to supervise several tasks and projects at once where you always drive the progress of the work forward.
- Skilled leader, comfortable in a management role supervising large teams of mechanics and contractors when necessary.
- You are excited about coaching and building a culture of continuous learning & development.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances in an ever-growing and innovative environment, where you need to be able to work freely and implement tasks quickly.
- Make decisions based on data, and always improve for operational excellence.
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Being part of a growing Vehicle Operations team in one of the hottest scale-ups in Europe.
- The opportunity to manage the warehouse in the city where it all began.
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment.
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
- Flexible holidays/30 days of paid vacation/etc
- Annual health contribution
- Flexible hours/work from anywhere/etc
- Free Voi pass
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.