Are you ready to embark on a Voiage?
Voi is coming to the Netherlands and we are looking for a Country Manager to join our team in Amsterdam! At Voi, we’re committed to creating safe, sustainable micro-mobility for everyone, and we’re looking for smart and dedicated people to join us on our mission.
As Country Manager (CM), you will be responsible for the performance and results of the local business in the Netherlands. The CM is the primary voice of Voi in their country, in charge of market development, representing Voi to external stakeholders, week to week operational management and long term strategic planning for the growth of their country.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As the Country Manager, you’ll be reporting to the General Manager for their region. You are the direct manager for the Operations team and City Success/Partnerships managers of the market. You will also work closely with the Policy and PR teams and represent Voi in the media and with other external stakeholders such as city regulators for their market.
- Country strategy: Responsible for steering the country business and long term planning together with the GM through setting monthly, quarterly and annual strategic plans
- Market development, policy and city success: Responsible for market development which includes developing the market plan, unlocking cities, improving city relations, ensuring compliance with and influencing market laws and regulations, and representing the business externally
- P&L ownership: accountability for tracking and ensuring team performance against plans on a weekly basis to hit operations-related P&L goals
- Day-to-day steering: Weekly country management, responsible especially for overseeing and steering the country’s Operations, policy, PR and city relations functions
- Face in the media: Responsible for public representation of Voi in the media and establish Voi’s brand positioning in the country
- Team leadership: Responsible for people management of their reports, developing a solid team and shaping an effective and positive team culture
- Budgeting and planning: Responsible for budget, staff, resources, workforce planning and succession planning within the country, together with the GM
- Voice of the market: Representing the market’s need to HQ teams and ensuring solid central and cross-marking collaboration and sharing of best practices and insights.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- 6+ years of proven work experience from areas within business management, operations, strategy or similar. Experience from high-growth operations or start-up is a bonus
- Fluency in English and Dutch is a requirement
- Experience in guiding a cross-functional team and desire to invest in developing them
- Proven effective project management skills and prior experience of supervising stakeholders internally, including creating business cases and working with senior management
- Experience working with and effectively influencing external stakeholders, such as partners, government and media
- Bachelor or Master of Science within business, economics, engineering or similar
WHO YOU ARE
- Skilled leader, comfortable in a management role with several direct reports where you evaluate performance and also coach them towards excellence
- Solid organisational skills, with the ability to handle several tasks and projects at once where you always propel the progress of the work forward
- Adaptable to changing circumstances in a ever-growing and innovative environment, where you need to be able to work with no supervision and implement tasks quickly
- Pragmatic mindset and in-depth knowledge within Operations, where you continuously evaluate the current structure to find potential improvements
- Solid communication skills. Able to effectively handle several stakeholders, including building trusted relationships with cities
- Goal-oriented personality, that perceives challenges as opportunities to grow and handles problems when they appear
Micro-mobility is ever evolving, and no day is like the other. Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth, but our purpose, voiage and culture. It also includes:
- A role and position that enables you to be part of building and shaping an industry, company and a team
- A position with great impact opportunities
- Close collaboration with other markets to create best practices across markets
- Travel to visit our markets and close work with HQ functions
- Great possibilities and work that makes a difference and be part of an urban and sustainable transformation - changing the way people move around cities
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our achievement in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.