What if your job had an impact on shaping the future of urban mobility? Imagine your code improving sustainable last mile transportation for cities all over Europe. Imagine changing an industry with your team's latest products and features.
Voi is on a mission to transform urban mobility - providing a fun and sustainable alternative to the regular commute. We’re in the midst of setting the foundation for the future of Voi, this is your chance to leave your mark.
At Voi, we believe in setting the user first in all aspects of development. To do so, using data creatively and efficiently is key to success. The role as Senior Data Scientist in the Hardware Business Unit (Stockholm or Gothenburg) will be crucial to further develop this strategy, with primary focus to build best-in-class machine learning and optimization models from scratch.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As Senior Data Scientist, you’ll have an important part in Voi’s continued growth and sucess by having the full overview of projects, from business logic to implementation. You’re part of a team that ensures that we have the best features and products to support our customers. You will also support other roles in developing product and system requirements.
In this role, you will primarily apply data science to predict and optimize vehicle performance, maintenance, battery health and to identify desired and undesirable user behavior based on the data that can be extracted from on-board sensors. As a specialist, you complement our team with knowledge and know-how within these areas. You bring a holistic view empowering us to improve the end-to-end solution.
You’ll also be expected to identify problems with our service and find the root cause through data by extracting, manipulating and visualizing data to find and understand patterns.
You will work in a vibrant environment with colleagues from different areas. We merge domain knowledge from engineering and service planning with embedded software, data science, and computer science. You will have a leading role in defining approaches to solve technical tasks.
Our aim is to build a best in class data science team and this role will be a cornerstone with great opportunities to set the direction of data science in operations. Primary goal is to achieve tangible business results such as increased uptime, utilization, less maintenance and in the end higher efficiency and better user experience.
- Build integrated machine learning tools to be deployed in real time and change operations in all of markets.
- Develop production grade code to ensure models are reliable and scalable
- Close cross functional collaboration with all our business units to maximize use of ideas with tangible impact.
- Set strategy, identify and prioritize new projects, always with the view of impact and user first.
- Take a key role in supervising the Data Science work in the Hardware Business unit, including assisting in recruitment, onboarding and training of potential new team members.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- PhD or Masters degree in a field linked to computers science, applied mathematics, geoanalytics, machine learning, operations research or similar data centric degree.
- Extensive experience to build end-to-end machine learning or optimization models with tangible business implications in organizations with complex operational requirements
- Significant proficiency in a modeling languages of your choice.
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience from geospatial or transportation analysis and modeling.
- Previous experience from diagnostic analysis and modeling.
- Previous experience from supervising smaller teams and recruiting.
- Previous academic or professional experience within operations research.
- GCP/Snowflake and Tableau are meriting.
- Experience of working in a fast-growing international tech-company.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.