What if your job had an impact on shaping the future of urban mobility? Imagine your analysis and dashboards improving sustainable last-mile transportation for cities all over Europe. Imagine changing an industry with your team's latest products and features.
Voi is on a mission to transform urban mobility - providing a fun and sustainable alternative to the regular commute. We’re in the midst of setting the foundation for the future of Voi, this is your chance to leave your mark.
At Voi, you won’t just be working with the latest technology, you’ll shape the product we put out on the streets. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of data points. Our data set is vast and complex, it ranges from geospatial data, transaction data, operations data, scooter sensor data, and user and marketing data, and you will have an opportunity to work across all the above.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Software Engineer Data you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in building Voi's future data and analytics platform. At Voi, data is at the heart of everything we do, so our ambitions are high. We are challenging old beliefs and trying to set a new standard in what a data analytics platform of the future could look like.
If you’re an experienced backend developer with experience or a keen interest in working with data - in all shapes and forms - and know the ins and outs of reliability, self-service and automation; then we'd love to talk to you about joining our Data Platform team.
GCP, Snowflake, dbt, Airflow, Kubernetes, Terraform and Github Actions are some of the core pieces of our current data stack.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
- Design and build a world-class self-serve data analytics platform
- Build a wide set of capabilities that enables other squads to develop, operate and manage their own data products
- Design, implement and operate streaming and batch data products that scale
- Participate in designing Voi’s common data architecture
- Be a leader for data quality, data governance and data product thinking towards the rest of the company
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- Several years experience from backend engineering roles
- Experience from developing solutions on public cloud platforms
- Experience from Python, Java and/or Golang
- Skilled in SQL
- Hands-on experience from developing data streaming solutions using technologies such as e.g. Kafka, Beam or Pub/Sub is a bonus
- Professional experience or good understanding from Snowflake data warehouse is a bonus
- Speak and write English fluently. Swedish is not required.
- A university degree relevant field (e.g. Engineering or Computer Science)
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment with a can-do attitude
Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth but our purpose, voiage, and culture. It also includes:
- 30 days of paid vacation
- €300 Annual health contribution
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible hours
- Voi for Business (limitless Voi rides)
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
Ready to embark on a Voiage?
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro-mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments, and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.