At Voi, we believe in creating safe, sustainable and reliable micro-mobility for everyone. To achieve this, we need to make sure that we have a strong product and engineering team to create the best service out there. We're now looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our Voiage and lead our Software and Data teams.
A Senior Engineering Manager at Voi is an engineering partner as well as a people manager. Apart from leading and inspiring a committed and skilled group of engineers, you’ll be collaborating with both business and technical stakeholders and oversee the resource allocation, competence needs, as well as tools and ways of working.
This role offers the opportunity to lead teams responsible for infrastructure, security, developer experience among many things. The essence of their mission (and passion!) is to provide a solid foundation for all other engineering teams at Voi.
Fun fact about us: we own all parts of our business, such as the tech platform, hardware development, marketing and policy work. This means you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app and finally operating all this as a whole.
- Lead the engineering function inside the BU
- Act as an engineering partner to the BU lead
- Responsible for ensuring quality of BU’s software and systems
- Ensuring on-call staffing for the BU
- Lead engineering teams
- Align with VP of SW Engineering on WoW and cross BU initiatives
- Lead BU WFP for engineeri ng squads on 12 months horizon
- Advocate and improve agile software development practices and align ways of working across other BUs
- Align the personal development of squads members with the squad goals
- Actively work with employee engagement data to create motivated squads
- Ensure sound engineering practices across the BU
- Promote a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Responsible for employee engagement and related KPIs
As Senior Engineering Manager, you will report to our VP of Software Engineering and be part of the Business Unit’s leadership team. We expect you to bring experience from a number of different development environments and an understanding of how to transform a group of skilled individuals into a great, close-knit team.
- 7+ years of people management experience in software engineering
- Hands-on experience as a developer
- Experience from various methods and settings of product discovery and delivery
- Strong coaching and communication skills
You likely have
- A university degree in an engineering, science, business or management discipline
- Experience of driving projects with clear timeline and deliverables planning
- Ability to lead strategic staffing considerations and people plans
- Ability to define and coach engineers in structured career growth paths
- Ability to lay out arguments and plans in a well-structured, data-informed, narrative
- Ability to devise solutions to hard problems with many constraints and ambiguities, using sound judgement to assess risks
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.