At Voi Technology we want to make cities free from pollution and noise. To make this happen we believe in making light, electrical vehicles more accessible for the people. Besides breathing micro mobility, we also have engineering and product close to heart and want to develop the best products out there. This is a unique opportunity to take part in shaping the future in urban mobility in Europe forever!
We are now looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Data Platform and Data Analytics teams. At Voi, data is at the heart of everything we do, so our ambitions are high. Our mission (and passion!) is to enable everyone to make data-led decisions, enabled by a leading data analytics platform and highly skilled data specialists.
But first, let’s be honest. We are in the very beginning of our journey as a tech company and we are still finding things out as we go. This means that we are far from perfect, but we do have a great will and ambitions. It will be your job, with support and collaboration from other Engineering Managers, to juggle the well-being of our engineers together with technical leadership.
Fun fact about us: we own all parts of our business, such as the tech platform, hardware development, marketing and policy work. This means you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app and finally operating all this as a whole.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Hire, coach and develop your cross-functional team.
- Give engineers the right tools, confidence and motivation to help them to make decisions as both individuals and teams.
- Own the teams' technical strategy and roadmap – creating success in close collaboration with other Engineering Managers.
- Acting as an advisor and sharing your experience in Ways of Working, technical topics and decisions within your business unit.
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to sophisticated problems.
- Establish ways of working and processes.
- Experience in people management with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- A background in software development.
- You have hired and led high-paced development teams.
- Used to drive one-to-one and one-to-many communication with the ability to make a strategy come alive.
- You are a great people manager that follows your promises and is transparent with failure.
- You communicate to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Voi while embodying our core values.
- Our colleagues come from different cultures and backgrounds and we believe that you also value the power of diversity.
Requirements that will make you stand out:
- Experience from a tech start-up or scale-up company
- Experience from data and analytics domain
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.