What if your job had an impact on shaping the future of urban mobility? Imagine your work improving sustainable last mile transportation for cities all over Europe.
Voi is on a mission to transform urban mobility - providing a fun and sustainable alternative to the regular commute. We are looking for a skilled backend developer with a keen interest in designing and building scalable, high performing products in a cloud environment. We’re in the midst of setting the foundation for the future of Voi, this is your chance to leave your mark. Have we caught your attention yet?
At Voi, you won’t just be working with the latest technology, you’ll shape the product we put out on the streets. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the tech foundation, innovating on the app and finally operating all this as a whole.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Backend Engineer, you’ll play a key role in Voi’s continued growth and success. The micro-mobility industry is constantly evolving and our teams are built cross-functionally to ensure that we have the best features and products to serve our customers. Our platform is based on microservice written in Golang, which we glue together using REST, gRPC and message queues. Agile is at the core of everything we do and you’ll find that our backend community consists of highly motivated and team-oriented developers. To put it into specifics, this is what you’ll be working on:
- Build and design scalable and reliable backend for our various products
- Work closely with peer teams (like DWH, data, IoT, Scooters), and business partners (like marketing, repairing services, logistics)
- Large scale data processing to understand user behavior and help define new product features
- Be creative and drive new ideas regarding architecture, tools, products and languages
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
We believe that good engineers can switch and learn new languages and technologies, but to have the best start with us at Voi, we believe you have:
- 8+ years of experience in backend engineering. We use Golang, but there is no requirement for previous experience in that language. We believe that good engineers can switch and learn new languages and technologies.
- Used to work with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience in building systems with microservice architecture
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Golang
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related STEM
You are an especially impactful expert in your team with a leading role in designing and implementing your teams’s systems and API’s. You may be any combination of domain expert, effective generalist across multiple domains, mentor to less-experienced members, or leader who consistently makes the team work better as a unit. You should be able to initiate cross-team communications, and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve dependencies that affect your team or area of expertise.
Micro-mobility is ever evolving, and no day is like the other. We build everything inhouse and as an engineer you’ll have the opportunity to work with the app, frontend, backend, hardware, design - Whatever you’re interested in, we have a team for it.
Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth, but our purpose, voiage and culture. It also includes:
- Working in a fast-growing and innovative environment with new techniques.
- An international and diverse environment with colleagues from all over the world.
- The freedom to try out new things and ways of working together with your team.
- Being part of a rapidly growing Engineering team in the hottest scale up in Europe.
- A possibility for you to shape the future of micro mobility.
- 30 days paid vacation with flexible holidays
- €300 annual health contribution
- Employee Stock Options
- Digital Healthcare
- Flexible hours
Ready to embark on a Voiage?
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!