Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Are you looking for a role with true impact? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Currently operating in 11 countries and over 60 cities, Voi is on an amazing growth journey, and we’re currently looking for a Senior Public Policy Manager. As we continue to grow across the UK, we are looking for smart and dedicated people to join us on our mission - creating safe, sustainable and reliable micro-mobility for everyone.
The micro-mobility scene is ever changing. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth, you’ll have the opportunity to have an impact on, and improve our ways of working. This is a chance to leave your mark. Ready to embark?
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
The Senior Public Policy Manager, UK will build and develop highly effective, trusted and resilient relationships with MPs, councillors, assembly members, policymakers, regulators and public transport authorities, cementing and growing Voi’s position as micromobility’s market leading service for safety, sustainability, accessibility and inclusivity. This role reports to Voi’s Head of Public Policy for the UK.
- Represent Voi in government and other stakeholder meetings, acting as one of Voi’s policy relationship holders for UK cities.
- Develop and own stakeholder playbooks, policy position papers and other content.
- Work alongside Voi’s Communications team to ensure Voi’s advocacy goals are met.
- Work closely with Voi’s Operations, Product, Communications and Legal teams to ensure that Voi’s operations are legally compliant, and to pitch product and service features that support Voi’s public policy goals.
- Support Voi’s market development activities
- Act as a nominated spokesperson for Voi in the media and public facing events.
- Monitor and navigate the regulatory environment, identifying and engaging with core stakeholders.
- Line management of Voi’s UK public policy team, as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
At Voi, you’ll come across new opportunities regularly. We’re operating in uncharted territory and having a proven previous experience or problem solving will assist you along the way.
- 5 - 10 years of progressively responsible experience working in close, regular contact with the most complex political stakeholders.
- Experience of close engagement with elected councillors and politicians and their officers, first responders, and regional branches of national and politically influential charities and membership organisations.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; you will be able to confidently and persuasively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, adapting your messaging for your audience.
- A proven history of achieving good outcomes when dealing with hostile audiences and stakeholders.
- Experience of primary legislation, Government consultations, Select Committees, party political conferences and local as well as national politics.
- Experience working with road safety bodies and / or organisations representing vulnerable road users.
- Demonstrable interest in the transport sector and an understanding of transport infrastructure and governance in the UK.
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability issues.
- Project management experience.
- An established network of relevant contacts.
Micro-mobility is ever evolving, and no day is like the other. Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. It also includes:
- Flexible public holidays / 25 days of paid vacation
- Annual health contribution
- Flexible hours/work from home
- Free Voi pass
- Stock options scheme
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our achievement in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add ! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.