At Voi you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app, and finally operating all above as a whole.
More specifically we are looking for a new backend engineer to join our Developer Experience squad whose ambition is to enable engineers to deliver scalable applications with high speed, quality and performance, without compromising on engineering happiness.
Our motto: « Making the right thing easy »
You will use your expertise to drive new ideas, initiatives, and their implementation to help us achieve an awesome developer experience!
What do we do?
- Provide productivity tools and services for developers.
- Partner with development teams to improve our internal developer portal. Our portal is based on the open source project Backstage.io and we contribute back to the open source community
- Participate in developer portal's system design, backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Create automation and tools that drive reuse and high maintainability.
- Gather and evaluate productivity metrics from systems, services and teams to assist in increasing developer experience and engineering productivity.
Our shared wishlist
You will find below a non-exhaustive list of technologies and tools we find interesting. Take a look at them and score yourself. A final score around or greater than 30 (out of 57) would indicate that you could be a good fit for us, and we could be a good fit for you.
If you have used comparable technologies not listed here but could be relevant to us, let us know!
- Basic knowledge and experience on how Cloud Providers work - 1 point
- On Google Cloud Platform - 2 Points
- Used a Docker orchestration tool (Kubernetes, Swarm, etc) - 2 points
- Knowledge of Kubernetes concepts - 2 points
- Written a Kubernetes Operator - 3 points
- Written Helm charts - 1 point
- Written Terraform code - 2 points
- Used ArgoCD - 1 point
- Set-up and optimized CI/CD tools for developer experience - 2 points
- Using Github Actions for the CI - 1 point
- Implemented canary/blue-green style deployment strategies - 1 point
- Written code in a high level programming language - 1 point
- In Golang - 2 points
- In Typescript - 1 point
- Used monitoring and observability systems - 1 point
- Prometheus+Grafana stack - 1 point
- Jaeger or similar for tracing - 1 point
- Deployed and maintained them - 2 points
- Used load testing tools - 1 point
- Set it up yourself - 2 points
- Experience with an engineering portal - 1 point
- That you helped build - 3 points
- Specifically contributing to Backstage - 5 points
- Passion about helping other engineers - 5 points
- Written internal developer experience tools - 2 points
- Actively driven technical or product initiatives - 3 points
- Conducted some sort of user research - 2 points
- Working in an agile environment - 1 point
- Shouldered scrum master/agile coach function - 1 point
- Contributed to one or more Open-Source projects - 1 point
- A curious and growth mindset, with concrete examples - 3 points
WHY JOIN VOI?
Micromobility is ever-evolving, and no day is like the other. Working at Voi, you’ll be working with a modern tech stack, solving high impact problems and being part of building something meaningful for society. Our focus - creating the best micromobility service out there. We know our users and we know our markets. Your role will be part of ensuring that we provide the best rider experience for our users.
We build everything in-house and as an engineer you’ll have the opportunity to work with the app, frontend, backend, hardware, design - Whatever you’re interested in, we have a team for it. Working at Voi also includes:
- Employee Stock Options
- 30 days of paid vacation
- €300 Annual health contribution
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible hours
- Voi for Business (limitless Voi rides)
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. By partnering with cities and local communities across Europe, we aim to provide a more sustainable and fun alternative to established modes of transportation. We have over 6 million users across 70+ cities and firmly believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities. Our offices and warehouses are spread across 11 different countries, hosting over 700 employees from 60+ nationalities.
Voi is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience. We look forward to getting to know you!