At Voi, we are passionate about shaping cities for people, reducing pollution and breaking traffic gridlock across Europe. Our mission is to provide sustainable and inclusive last-mile mobility solutions, enabling people to move freely while at the same time helping cities reach their 2030 climate goals. By creating networks of shared electric vehicles around city centers we provide an affordable, fossil-free and exhilarating way of traveling.
As we expand our engineering organisation, we are currently seeking a frontend engineer (with an interest in learning backend) to empower our engineers through our internal developer portal. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a personal and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction. We believe the ideal candidate probably have worked a few years using React but is comfortable moving across the full stack and with a curious mindset.
Goals of this Role
- Drive engineering productivity and experience through our internal developer portal
- Increase system visibility through metrics and tracing
- Provide developers with best in class tooling to make the development experience at Voi amazing
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Provide productivity tools and services for developers.
- Partner with development teams to improve our internal developer portal. We are extending the open source project Backstage.io and also contribute back to the open source community.
- Participate in developer portal’s system design, backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Create automation tools which that drives reuse and high maintainability.
- Gather and evaluate productivity metrics from systems, services and teams to assist in increasing developer experience and engineering productivity.
- React experience is a prerequisite (Redux, Redux-Saga and Styled Components experience desirable)
- Authentication/Authorization and knowledge of front-end security principals (JWT, roles e.t.c.).
- Design ability (HTML5, CSS, SCSS, SVG, flexbox, Drag-and-Drop e.t.c.) is desirable
- Delivering modular, re-usable assets is a prerequisite
- Unit and E2E test experience is a prerequisite (Cypress experience desirable)
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with at least one high level languages, such as Python, Java, C/C++/C#, Ruby, or node.js, but experience with Golang is desirable.
- Restful API development experience (with good understanding of security principals) is a prerequisite
- Cloud experience is desirable (Google Cloud for extra points)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is desirable, or motivation to want to learn it
- SQL database experience is a prerequisite (Postgres for extra points)
General skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- 6-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Able to write clean, re-usable and modular code.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with GIT is a prerequisite.
- Are able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Positive “can-do” attitude is of absolute importance.
- Great time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Micromobility is ever-evolving, and no day is like the other. We build everything inhouse and as an engineer you’ll have the opportunity to work with the app, frontend, backend, hardware, design - Whatever you’re interested in, we have a team for it. Working at Voi is more than simply having a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. It also includes:
- 30 days of paid vacation
- €300 Annual health contribution
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible hours
- Voi for Business (limitless Voi rides)
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. By partnering with cities and local communities across Europe, we aim to provide a more sustainable and fun alternative to established modes of transportation. We have over 6 million users across 70+ cities and firmly believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities. Our offices and warehouses are spread across 11 different countries, hosting over 700 employees from 60+ nationalities.
Voi is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience. We look forward to getting to know you!