The growing Voi Technology team is making the morning commute to work exponentially more enjoyable. That's why we have created networks of electrically-powered scooters throughout densely populated urban centers. And that's where you could show your skills!
At Voi you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part of the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app and finally operating all this as a whole.
If you are a web developer with deep knowledge of React and interest or experience working in the backend, then we’d like to talk to you about joining our Policy Department. We are looking for new Frontend Engineers who enjoy coordinating the efforts needed to increase the quality, user experience and offerings of our platforms; to be part of our journey to revolutionize transportation.
You will be part of our new Policy team, focusing on different areas that impact both our users and cities alike, such as (but not limited to) parking, safety and sustainability; enabling Voi to quickly and safely become the world’s most established micro-mobility operator.
We believe that you are a web developer with a keen interest in designing and building great, scalable and innovative products while doing it for a good environmental cause.
You consider open communication and transparency as great core values for company culture. You share your knowledge, experience and opinions without ever losing sight of the main goals of the team and the organisation.
Your responsibilities on our team
- Design, develop and maintain our web applications and tools
- Evaluate business requirements and develop high-performance, innovative and useful software solutions
- Collaborate with our web development department to improve the experience of our users across the organisation
- May participate in all aspects of product development from detailed programming to high-level system design
- Optional: Be open to learn the technologies and contribute to the backend team when needed by working on the backend layer
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with React (Redux, Redux-Saga and Styled components is a pro)
- Design experience (HTML5, CSS, SCSS, SVG, dynamic layouts, etc)
- Experience working with unit tests
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively
- Write well-structured, testable, high quality, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team with a creative attitude
Desirable knowledge, but not required
- Experience with at least one high level language, such as Python Java, C/C++/C#, Ruby or node.js Experience with Golang is a big pro
- Experience with cloud technologies, extra points for Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL
If you believe that you are the right addition, please do not hesitate to submit an application with your resume.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro-mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments, and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.