At Voi Technology we want to make cities free from pollution and noise. To make this happen we believe in making light, electrical vehicles more accessible for the people. Besides breathing micro mobility, we also have engineering and product close to heart and want to develop the best products out there. This is a unique opportunity to take part in shaping the future in urban mobility in Europe forever!
We are now looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to grow, support and develop our cross functional engineering team in the Business Unit Rider. Rider is responsible for ensuring we offer our 6M+ users an excellent experience from start to finish of a ride using our micromobility service. Our customer support function is also part of the same business unit so we also aim to ensure the teams have easy access to and are able to quickly respond to customer feedback.
If you are passionate about user experience - you will fit right into Rider!
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
The Sr Engineering Manager is an engineering partner and people manager with solid development experience who is responsible for the effectiveness of our squads. Sr Engineering Manager will inspire and shape the collaboration of developers, designers, analysts in together with product managers and product owners.
You collaborate on a day to day basis with both business and technical stakeholders and aim to maximize the throughput, satisfaction and growth of our key asset, our team. You will oversee the resource allocation, competence needs and personal development plans, as well as tools and ways of working.
We expect you to have an understanding of how to transform a group of strong individuals into a great, close-knit team.
- Lead the engineering function inside the BU
- Align with VP of SW Engineering on WoW and cross BU initiatives
- Advocate and improve agile software development practices and align ways of working across other BUs
- Align the personal development of squads members with the squad goals
- Ensure sound engineering practices across the BU
- Encourage a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Responsible for employee engagement and related KPIs
WHAT YOU BRING
- Extensive people management experience in software engineering
- Solid background in software engineering
- Experience from various methods and settings of product discovery and delivery
- Experience of directing projects with clear timeline and deliverables planning
- Experience of hiring and leading high-paced development teams
- Used to drive one-to-one and one-to-many communication with the ability to make a strategy come alive
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a great people manager that follows your promises and is transparent with failure
- You communicate to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Voi while embodying our core values
- Our colleagues come from different cultures and backgrounds and we believe that you also value the power of diversity
- Ability to lay out arguments and plans in a well-structured, data-informed narrative
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!