Public Policy Manager (Italy)
We are looking for a Public Policy Manager that wants to build their careers in a revolutionary company and one of Sweden’s hottest start-ups!
Join a truly incredible team of fun, good-hearted, kind, and hardworking people and be a part of the VOI vision of building a better future.
What is VOI
VOI is a green mobility company. We want to change how people move and live in cities by offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with local communities around the world. We have a vision of cities where people can move freely without noise and pollution. Cities that are built for living - not for cars.
Our public policy and market development team is responsible for building strong relationships to cities and co-create the future with them. Open dialogue is in our corporate DNA and we believe it is the key to building sustainable policies and regulations for safe and sustainable transportation in the future. You will have a key role in positioning VOI as a responsible company that listens, understand and react to local conditions.
You will work closely with our operations teams to make sure our words are followed up with action in the cities you are responsible for. The role is based in Italy. You will report directly to our Head of Public Policy & Market Development.
At VOI we want passionate people who want to do the right thing in the right way. In other words we build to make things last not to disrupt. In the role as Public Policy Manager you will:
- Work with all phases of market development and public policy from market dialogue to market entry as well as manage license processes and compliance in the cities you are responsible for.
- Work closely with operations people in the region to align on business goals and priorities - and push through to get us operating successfully and compliantly.
- Monitor political processes and issues relevant to the business. Proactively manage campaigns that address those issues through direct advocacy and strong partnerships.
To be fit for a public policy role at VOI you will have to be:
- Proactive. Public Policy work done well is proactive. You need to look around the corner and own the network and relations that make that possible. Addressing issues upfront is the only way you can contribute to positioning VOI successfully.
- Responsible. You care about the citizens living in the cities where we are present. You truly believe that our product can create a better future for cities and you are creative in finding ways of showing how.
- Holistic. You are the guardian of the company reputation. You understand and work for the company as a whole. That means acting on things when you see them and work enthusiastically with everyone in the company to solve problems when they arise.
- Nerdy. As an advocate you need to understand how city officials think. You need to be able to dive into detail and make our arguments evidence-based, credible and localised.
You have at least some years of experience from working in the public sector, as a political advisor or in a public affairs consultancy. Experience from the area of mobility is an advantage, but not a requirement.