Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Are you looking for a role with true impact? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Currently operating in 11 countries and over 100 cities, Voi is on an amazing growth journey, and we’re currently looking for a Senior Operations Manager for France. As we continue to grow across these countries, we are looking for smart and dedicated people to join us on our mission - creating safe, sustainable, and reliable micro-mobility for everyone.
The micro-mobility scene is ever-changing. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth, you’ll have the opportunity to have an impact on, and improve our ways of working. This is a chance to leave your mark. Are you ready to join the Voiage?
As a Senior Operations Manager you will oversee Voi’s commercial arm in France, working closely together with the Regional General Manager. You will be in charge of growing the business, optimising margins, building and improving local city stakeholder relationships in order to cement our market leader position in France.
We are looking for someone with a passion for new mobility solutions, who has experience with strategy, operations, data analytics, project management, and managing a high-performing team in a high-paced ever-evolving environment.
Join a truly incredible team of fun, good-hearted, kind, and hardworking people with amazing backgrounds and be a part of the Voi vision of building a better and sustainable future.
The Senior Operations Manager has broad work tasks that may vary on a daily basis and short notice. You will work closely with the rest of the local operations team, public policy team, as well as HQ (Stockholm), to grow the french business. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Being based in Paris and having overall responsibility for all commercial activities in France. Market-wide travel to visit our markets is required.
- Building a strong team and local organisation through hiring, training and coaching of team members.
- Working closely with the GM, Public Policy and Partnerships teams on market development initiatives to increase Voi's footprint across the market.
- Work closely with the GM and growth teams on pricing and product strategy, ensuring we optimise for profitability whilst meeting our policy and city stakeholder goals.
- Building strong and lasting relationships with key local stakeholders together with the local public policy team.
- Accountability for tracking and ensuring team performance against plans on a weekly and monthly basis to hit operations-related P&L goals.
- Monitoring contractual operations and investment compliance, ensure that we are compliant with local regulations and act in agreement with public stakeholders and municipalities.
- Leveraging data and analytics to optimise key metrics around scooter utilisation, fleet management and operational efficiency.
- Launching new cities and expansion with the support of the team.
- Designing and implementing company-wide projects and initiatives and providing recommendations of necessary improvements and tools to central operations, product, tech and engineering teams.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
5+ years of experience in operations, finance, consulting, business/data analytics or equivalent role.
- Experience in guiding a cross-functional team and desire to invest in developing them.
- Proven effective project management skills and prior experience of supervising stakeholders internally, including creating business cases and working with senior management.
- Experience working with and effectively influencing external stakeholders, such as partners, government and media.
- Bachelor or Master of Science within business, economics, engineering or similar.
WHO YOU ARE
- Fully hands-on and self motivated drive.
- You are keen to getting your hands dirty and closely emerging into the day-to-day operations and solve whatever challenge or opportunity emerges.
- Data driven and analytical mindset.
- You like working with numbers and deriving your actions from
- Advance Excel and Tableau (or similar) is required. SQL would be a plus.
- Outgoing, pedagogical and strong communicator.
- You enjoy interacting with people and external stakeholders, can adapt your message to the receiver and do not hesitate to speak in front of a bigger group.
- Skilled leader, comfortable in a management role with several direct reports where you evaluate performance and also coach them towards excellence.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to handle several tasks and projects at once where you always propel the the work forward.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances in a ever-growing and innovative environment, where you need to be able to work with no supervision and implement tasks quickly.
- Pragmatic mindset and in-depth knowledge within Operations, where you continuously evaluate the current structure to find potential improvements.
- Solid communication skills.
- Able to effectively handle several stakeholders, including building trusted relationships with cities.
- Goal-oriented personality, that perceives challenges as opportunities to grow and handles problems when they appear.
- Fully fluent French and English is a must.
- Willing and able to travel around France.
THIS POSITION OFFERS
Opportunity to be part in managing a growing Operations team in one of the hottest scale-ups in Europe.
A role and position that enables you to be part of building and shaping an industry, company and a team.
A leader position with great impact opportunities.
Close collaboration with other markets to create best practices across markets.
Travel to visit our markets and close work with HQ functions.
Great possibilities and work that makes a difference and be part of an urban and sustainable transformation - changing the way people move around cities.
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scaleups.
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry in France.
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal.
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution.