Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Are you looking for a role with true impact? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Currently operating in 11 countries and over 100 cities, Voi is on an amazing growth journey, and we’re currently looking for a Fleet Specialist Team Lead. As we continue to grow across the UK, we are looking for smart and dedicated people to join us on our mission - creating safe, sustainable, and reliable micro-mobility for everyone.
The micro-mobility scene is ever-changing. As a Voiager you’ll not only be part of our growth, you’ll have the opportunity to have an impact on, and improve our ways of working. This is a chance to leave your mark. Are you ready to join the Voiage?
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
Being a Fleet Specialist Team Lead at Voi means a chance to set up our warehouse and in-field operations in Bristol. The Fleet Specialist Team Lead will help build a winning team of Fleet Specialists and make sure that our operations run flawlessly.
You will be responsible for prioritizing daily tasks for each team member, providing the information they need (i.e. real-time coordinates of lost scooters), and being on-call during the shift for any questions or problems (i.e. vehicle breakdown). The Fleet Specialist Team Lead is part of the local Warehouse Management team and reports to the Fleet Manager. By working closely with the Warehouse and Operations team, you’ll play an integral part in Voi’s performance and growth, combining people.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete tasks on the road to ensure all of our vehicles on the street are either available or being ridden by users as many hours of the day as possible.
- Maintain and repair Voi’s fleet of vehicles ensuring that we extend their life as long as possible to minimize costs while upholding high-quality standards.
- End-to-end responsibility for your Fleet Specialist shift or Repair Team.
- Be ready to get hands-on and execute repairs alongside the Fleet Specialist team, ensuring that KPIs are reached in time and backlog is not built.
- Disposition to perform one-off or new tasks as needed.
- In charge of recruiting, training, and managing your own team of Fleet Specialists or Mechanics.
- Work together with your manager and other Team or Site Leads in your city to schedule and plan the work most effectively, including shift planning.
- Oversee the work being done by your team, either in the warehouse or in the field to ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient and safe manner.
- Be the guardian of our physical assets - vehicles, facilities, and operational vehicles alike to extend their lifetime and be as effective as possible.
- Foster a collaborative, safe, and friendly working environment, while driving best-in-class performance.
- Provide feedback and performance manage your team as required when expectations are not met and action is needed.
- Ensure the team adheres to defined Health & Safety procedures set out by Voi in all the tasks performed as part of their work.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
The Fleet Specialist Team Lead is a driven, high-energy individual with a capacity to understand repairs, warehouse, and logistic-related work. With excellent communication skills, and a willingness to perform one-off tasks as needed, you can motivate others to reach and exceed their targets.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferably within a high-growth technology company within mobility or logistics.
- Previous experience managing high-performing teams as a supervisor.
- Sense of quality control and rapid scaling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to motivate others and to share knowledge within the team.
- A pragmatic problem-solving mentality that executes tasks, finds solutions and works hard to reach the team targets and KPI’s.
- Has the ability to react calmly to stressful situations (vehicles breaking down, people calling in sick, etc).
- Mechanical interest with experience of working with basic mechanical tools.
- Excellent leadership and ability to identify top-tier talent.
- Fluent in English.
- PLEASE NOTE: You may be required to go through a DBS Check for this role.
- Working shift: Sat-Wed.
- Contract type: Fix-Term Contract 6 months.
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest-growing scaleups.
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation.
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry in the UK-region.
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal.
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution.