Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now! We’re now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to continue our journey in building great, scalable and high performing products and also doing it for a good environmental cause.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are responsible for the setup, deployment and productionizing of data-intensive environments. You develop infrastructure as code that will support the setup of the self-service data platform. At Voi, we host our data in GCP. Within your work, automating everything is written in your DNA.
- Design and build a self-serve data platform to enable other squads to develop, operate and manage their own data products
- Be a leader for data quality, data governance and data product thinking towards the rest of the company
- Participate in designing Voi’s common data architecture
- You will work closely with backend, infrastructure, machine learning, data analyst and other stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We’re looking for a social Senior Data Engineer with experience from multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. This might be you if you strive for engineering excellence in everything you do and if you are not afraid of new ideas and technology. You are experienced in architecting “simple” solutions and have a background in software engineering. In addition to having a strong backend culture and communication skills, we believe the right person has:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a data warehousing, data engineering, or data architect role
- You are experienced with developing on public cloud, e.g. GCP
- You are familiar with infrastructure as code, monitoring and alerting infrastructure (Terraform, Grafana, Prometheus)
- You are experienced in modern data tools such as Snowflake, Airflow and dbt
- You have worked with Python, Scala or Java
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scale ups
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation and a scalable data platform
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution.