Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100 cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will lead a centralised tech team. It will be your job, with support and collaboration from other Engineering Managers, to juggle the well-being of our engineers together with technical leadership. You will be expected to lead, challenge, and develop strong engineers, positively influence the engineering and Voi culture and work with your team on both strategy and execution.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
- Empower the Engineering team to achieve a high level of reliability, simplicity, and productivity.
- Advocate and improve agile software development practices and align ways of working.
- Encourage a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
- Drive engineering-wide initiatives with the rest of the Engineering Management team.
- Set clear expectations with individuals based on their level and role aligned to the broader engineering and organization's goals.
- Meet regularly with individuals to discuss performance and development and provide feedback and coaching.
- Communicate to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Voi while embodying our core values.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We are looking for someone who will invest in their team's career development and that fosters psychologically safe discussions about process, technical improvements and team work. We see that you have a deep understanding of how to translate engineering and business goals into sound technical solutions and can coach your teams in this.
We expect you to have:
- Solid people management experience in software engineering
- Background in software engineering
- Experience of hiring and leading high-paced development teams
- You have experience of transforming a group of strong individuals into a great team.
- Our colleagues come from different cultures and backgrounds and we believe that you also value the power of diversity
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scaleups
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution