Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in over 100 cities and towns with over 125 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now!
Our operations in the UK are continuing to expand, and to ensure the efficiency and quality of our fleet operations we’re now looking for a Fleet Specialist Team Lead to join our team in Birmingham. This role gives you the opportunity to have a direct impact on our fleet readiness, and be a part of building a company that will fundamentally change the way people live in European cities for decades to come. Are you ready for a VOIage?
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As the Team Lead you will manage a team of Fleet Specialists and work together to ensure operational excellence to keep the vehicles available to our users and a high quality of service for the riders in Birmingham. In this role you will divide your time between managerial duties (hiring, training, performance follow ups of the team) and performing tasks (in the warehouse or in-field) or based on business priorities. This will include:
- Providing organise shifts and managing the performance of your team in line with set expectations.
- Ensuring a high quality standard for our vehicles in the field by working with the team to identify damaged vehicles, rebalance wrongly parked vehicles, tidy parking spots and lift vehicles that have fallen over.
- Maintaining and repairing Voi’s fleet of vehicles to ensure that we extend their lifetime as long as possible to minimise costs, while upholding a high quality standard.
- Working together with your manager and other Team Leads in your city to schedule and plan the work most effectively, including shift planning.
- Overseeing the work being done by your team, either in the warehouse or in the field to ensure tasks are completed in the most safe and efficient manner.
- Being the guardian of our physical assets and extending the lifetime of our vehicles and facilities as long as possible.
- Ensuring the team adheres to defined Health & Safety procedures set out by Voi in all tasks performed.
- Being a role model when performing tasks such as repairs and in-field management and foster a collaborative, safe and friendly working environment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We are looking for a pragmatic and responsible team-player who can fulfil tasks ,solve problems independently, and work as a part of a team to find new solutions and reach set goals. In addition to being fluent in English the right person needs:
- 2+ years of previous work experience
- Experience managing a team of people
- A UK Full UK Driving License with a maximum of 6 points for minor offenses and no major offenses and meet the requirements for our e-Van insurance. The reason for this is you may be required to drive one of our e-Van's occasionally
- General understanding of digital worktools (MS-office, G-Suite)
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scaleups
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry in the UK-region
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution