VOI Technology is the leading European micro-mobility company and innovator within the market for last-mile transportation in Europe.
Our growing scooter club is currently looking for a Lead Embedded Developer to join our IoT Squad. If you would like to play an instrumental part in shaping our future products - this is the position for you! Come join one of Sweden’s hottest startups!!
As Lead Embedded Developer, you’ll be responsible for leading our Embedded team to realize amazing IoT solutions for Voi vehicles and set us apart from our competitors. You'll help us stay at the forefront of the micro-mobility field, with the explicit goal of enabling sustainable city environments - free from cars and pollution!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work in an agile cross-functional squad that delivers innovative new features for our micro-mobility service while helping to evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Lead a team of engineers, providing coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Develop software and firmware for our IoT solutions and other embedded products
- Develop features for a wide range of wireless peripherals and sensors
- Collaborate across teams to deliver cross-functional feature updates
- Improve our tools and CI/CD systems
- Work closely with our hardware engineers in designing our future products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience developing software for Embedded devices
- Experience and willingness to lead, manage, coach and mentor other software developers
- Strong proficiency in C/C++
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, OS concepts and system architecture of embedded systems
- Knowledge of version control tools (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and FreeRTOS on embedded ARM platforms
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Willing to take the lead and drive design decisions
- Passionate about agile concepts and team work
- Experience developing firmware for mobile wireless devices (2G/3G/LTE)
- Experience developing software for BLE devices
- Knowledge of IoT devices and protocols such as CAN, UART, TCP/IP, HTTP and MQTT
- Knowledge of schematics and PCB design
- Experience with embedded devices that support over-the-air updates (FOTA)
- Experience developing boot loaders for embedded devices
- Knowledge of electric motor controllers
- Familiar with automotive software development standards
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Competitive compensation package
- To be an important part of a rapidly growing team in one of Europe’s hottest scale-ups
- Working from our HQ in Stockholm
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!