The growing VOI Technology team is in the process of making the dreaded morning commute to work exponentially more enjoyable. In due time, we will have a network of electrically-powered scooters (VOIs) throughout densely populated urban centers in Germany. Users will access these vehicles via a phone application and ride to wherever they need to be, leaving the scooter for the next user. Therefore we are looking for a Vehicle Operations Manager (Mechanics Manager) to oversee and guide local Vehicle Operation Specialists.
Our Vehicle Operations organisation is tasked with ensuring our VOI scooters are maintained and repaired quickly and to a high standard. With many thousands of vehicles soon to be located in markets around the world, we build and scale teams and systems to ensure a great experience for our riders and the continued growth of our business. Vehicle Operations encompasses the quality assurance, and supply chain of our global fleet.
As our Vehicle Operations Manager (Mechanics Manager) in Germany, you’ll be responsible for one of the scooter fleets in the DACH region, as well as the development and implementation of a broad array of operations projects. Reporting to the Head of Vehicle Operations in Stockholm, you will be building up our German vehicle operations team, the backbone for VOI’s success. Furthermore, you will be in charge of building and scaling our production site and work with our local repair teams and warehouses across all German, Austrian and Swiss cities that we operate in.
- Gain a thorough and complete understanding of all business and operations systems used by VOI.
- Collaborate with operations, engineering, and supply chain to prioritise and pursue the highest impact opportunities.
- End to end responsibility for project management life cycle from requirements specification to deployment, along with issue and risk management.
- Represent Vehicle Operations in cross functional meetings to ensure decisions support overall operating model and strategy.
- Budget control
- Ensure quality of the fleet
- Communicate updates, timelines, and outcomes to the broader team
- Travel to VOI facilities around the world to check on project process and traction.
- Experience with repairs or just in general a jack of all traits
- Leadership skills, guiding and motivating the team in order to best serve the German market
THIS POSITION OFFERS:
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- Work with a dedicated and talented team of individuals.
- Responsibility to build and manage a fast growing team in an international environment
- Experience in a rapidly developing operation
- The chance to see your ideas implemented on a far-reaching scale
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
“Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. *We* want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. We know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and VOI welcomes *people from* diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!”