Our growing scooter club is currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our vehicle engineering team in Gothenburg. If you would like to play a key part in leading up one of Sweden’s hottest startups - this is the position for you!
As Lead Vehicle Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for realizing stunning new Voi vehicles which set us apart from our competitors. Work with innovative products and suppliers at the forefront of the micromobility field, with the explicit goal of creating sustainable product offerings.
You'll be part of our vehicle team in Gothenburg that handles engineering of new vehicles as well as R&D projects, case studies, sourcing of components and evaluation of new and existing designs. The vehicle team is responsible for the complete electrical and mechanical design, including quality assurance of the finished product. Working within the vehicle team, you'll be part of taking vehicles from the concept phase to finished products that you can drive yourself!
- Develop design models and engineering drawings for new products and leverage team resources to complete vehicle design.
- Organize proof-of-concept studies to build working prototypes for validation.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to develop a cleanly integrated product.
- Work with diverse teams in Sweden and China, including engineering (software, hardware and firmware), manufacturing, supply chain, operations, design and executive teams.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of mechanical design experience
- A flair for creative problem solving in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fabrication skill, hand tools, ability to prototype quickly
- Solid CAD skills
- Understanding of construction methods and tooling options as it relates to volume of production
- Experience with product development from concept to validation and deployment
- Experience working with suppliers
- Be flexible to travel domestically and internationally according to business necessity, up to 10% of time
- Familiar with electromechanical assemblies: motors, sensors, PCBA’s, buttons, etc.
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Take lead in building amazing new products with high public visibility
- Being part of the rapidly growing engineering team in the hottest scale-up in Europe
- Competitive compensation package
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!