Our growing scooter club is currently looking for a Lead Quality Engineer to join our vehicle engineering team in Gothenburg. If you would like to play a key part in leading up one of Sweden’s hottest startups - this is the position for you!
As Lead Vehicle Quality Engineer, you’ll be responsible for realizing stunning new Voi vehicles which set us apart from our competitors. Work with innovative products and suppliers at the forefront of the micromobility field, with the explicit goal of creating sustainable product offerings.
You'll be part of our vehicle team in Gothenburg that handles engineering of new vehicles as well as R&D projects, case studies, sourcing of components and evaluation of new and existing designs. The vehicle team is responsible for the complete electrical and mechanical design, including quality assurance of the finished product. Working within the vehicle team, you'll be part of taking vehicles from the concept phase to finished products that you can drive yourself!
- Develop requirements and test cases for electrical and mechanical systems
- Design and perform test plans to ensure full vehicle validation and real-world reliability/durability
- Provide feedback to the development team to improve designs
- Develop/acquire, maintain and operate test equipment and infrastructure.
- Evaluate field issues and propose solutions across our organization – design, manufacturing process, supplier quality, operations etc.
- Perform hands-on mechanical, electrical, and software testing
- Help identify issues at both the software and hardware level
- Lead and implement quality improvements
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
- Assure supplier understanding of our product
- Review and approve supplier quality plans
- Active engagement with the design team to establish quality plan and requirements
- Determine acceptable test equipment/tools, inspection criteria and methods to evaluate product quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with product qualification, testing and validation
- A flair for creative problem solving in a fast-paced startup environment
- Multi-tasking, self-starting and high sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Experience working with suppliers/vendors
- Good understanding of QMS practices and its relation to overall product quality
- Experience with electronics and materials exposed to outdoor environments is a plus
- Be flexible to travel domestically and internationally according to business necessity, up to 10% of time
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Take lead in building amazing new products with high public visibility
- Being part of the rapidly growing engineering team in the hottest scale-up in Europe
- Competitive compensation package
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!