Our growing scooter club is currently looking for a Vehicle QA Lead to join our vehicle engineering team in Gothenburg. If you would like to play a key part in leading up one of Sweden’s hottest startups - this is the position for you!
As Vehicle QA Lead at Voi, you’ll be collaborating with the Vehicle Engineering team to develop and execute test plans, collaborate on DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), DVP’s (Design Verification Plan) and test methods to support development and validate vehicles for safe and reliable product launches. You’ll also be responsible for driving quality manufacturing excellence and internal process improvements ensuring manufacturing conformity, setting up quality processes, process improvement, and driving quality awareness.
- Lead and implement quality improvements, review/audit manufacturing processes and quality systems at suppliers
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
- Assure supplier understanding of our product
- Review and approve supplier quality plans
- Create and report quality metrics - Cost of Quality, Failure Rate, MTFB, Defect Rate etc.
- Active engagement with the design team to establish quality plan and requirements
- Determine acceptable test equipment/tools, inspection criteria and methods to evaluate product quality
- Ensure quality is met on new finished goods and that repaired vehicles meet quality standards
- Perform hands-on mechanical, electrical, and software testing
- Help identify issues at both the software and hardware level
- Develop requirements and test cases for electrical and mechanical systems
- Design and perform test plans to ensure full vehicle software validation and real-world reliability/durability
- Be customer centric to understand our unique customer use profile and turn that into test cases
- Provide feedback to the development team to improve designs
- Develop/acquire, maintain and operate test equipment and infrastructure.
- Evaluate field issues and propose solutions across our organization – design, manufacturing process, supplier quality, operations etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- A flair for creative problem solving in a fast-paced startup environment
- Multi-tasking, self-starting and high sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Experience working with suppliers/vendors
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Understanding of mechanical vibration/shock, component mating/unmating cycling, electrical high current/temperature rise, IP sealing, thermals shock, humidity, salt fog/mist, and EMC tests
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, and GB/T.
- Good understanding of QMS practices and its relation to overall product quality
- Experience with electronics and materials exposed to outdoor environments is a plus
- Be flexible to travel domestically and internationally according to business necessity, up to 10% of time
- Experience with product qualification, testing and validation
- Bilingual in both Mandarin and English is a merit
- Experience in Jira, Confluence or other project management software is a merit
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Take lead in building amazing new products with high public visibility
- Being part of the rapidly growing engineering team in the hottest scale-up in Europe
- Competitive compensation package
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- VOI swag
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!