We are looking for a City Manager in Marseille who wants to build his or her career in a revolutionary company and one of Europe’s hottest start-ups!
As City Manager you will be Voi’s overseer of a local market, where you will be in charge of running and growing your city. This will include managing and growing all parts of the operations groundwork (warehouse, office, local team, logistic partners, etc.) to start operating in your city. You will also be responsible for organising marketing activities and local events, and maintaining good relationships with key public stakeholders and commercial partners of your city.
This role is ideal for young and eager people as well as for more experienced professionals who want to revolutionise urban mobility and build their career in one of Europe’s hottest start-ups! Join a truly incredible team of fun, good-hearted, kind, and hardworking people with amazing backgrounds and be a part of the Voi vision of building a better and sustainable future.
- Overseeing all the different aspect of the business in Marseille from operations, marketing, PR and public policy activities
- Building a flawless operations machine around collecting, charging, repairing and dropping scooters, looking at all the metrics and variables that could improve the process
- Identifying, recruiting and managing Voi’s team in Marseille
- Managing local partnerships and maintaining a close relationship with city representatives
- Ensuring that we are compliant with local regulations and act in agreement with the city. Be Voi's representative with the city officials, maintain a good dialogue in order to become a mobility partner of your city
- Understanding user’s habits in order to maximise scooter utilisation and identify locations to drop scooters to maximise the number of available scooters
- Collecting, analysing data to constantly re-evaluate what could be improved
- Building and continuously strengthening the Voi community in your local city
- Bachelor's degree within a relevant field
- 2+ years of work experience, prior management experience is an advantage
- Language proficiency; Fluency in local language and English
- Problem solver; you adapt to changing circumstances and find solutions to problems as they come
- Responsible; taking ownership of the overall performance of the city
- Leadership; ability to manage and lead a diverse team, setting objectives and follow up on results
- Communication; confidence in public speaking, interacting with other people and able to adapt your message to the receiver
- Flexibility; Your are willing to work outside of regular business hours
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and complete unplanned tasks that may vary on a daily basis and short notice - At the office, the field or remotely
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- The possibility to take ownership of a full business unit, where you build and manage your own team
- Broad responsibility where you cover issues and challenges around not only operations, but also marketing, PR and public policy
- Work with people around the world and build best practice for a new industry
- Close work with the rest of the operations team as well as the entire company, to streamline and increase efficiency
- Being a vital part of a last mile transportation start-up, with rapid growth and global ambitions
- A high performing, hard working and fun team and a great work environment
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!