Engineering - Sweden – Stockholm
At Voi Technology we want to make cities free from pollution and noise. To make this happen we believe in making light, electrical vehicles more accessible for the people. Besides breathing micro mobility, we also have engineering and product close to heart and want to develop the best products out there.
As our Engineering team grows we're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Backend engineers and support their growth. As Engineering Manager at Voi you will manage a group of Backend engineers, providing mentorship, training and making sure they have what they need to continue building great products. You will also hire and keep building the engineering team, establish processes and procedures and set up detailed plans for the engineers to succeed.
- Hire, train and mentor engineers
- Write performance reviews and people management
- Have one on one meetings with the engineers
- Discuss and lay out project specifications
- Review and recommend contracts.
- Develop cost estimates
- Establish way of working (policies, procedures, and standards)
- Coordinate with management about performance and strategy
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals
- 5+ years of experience in the Software development industry, preferably with experience as a developer yourself
- 2+ years of experience in management and leadership
- Fluent in Agile methods
As a manager you are communicative and understanding. You show trust and empathy for your coworkers and their challenges, to help and support them in their daily work. To really succeed in this role we believe you are a Software Engineer at heart, but people manager by choice.
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Working in a fast growing and changing market
- Being part of a rapidly growing Engineering team in the hottest scale up in Europe
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Mentor your colleagues and make them grow
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!