Engineering - Sweden – Stockholm
As the Voi engineering team continues to grow, we are now looking for a senior hands-on data engineer! We are looking for someone who can take charge of our data lake initiatives and ensure that our Data Scientists always have relevant and current data available to them. You will own and develop our data-pipeline and be the glue needed to bridge our business logic with our business analysis technologies.
You are self-going, hands-on and have a collaborative nature. You will work closely with the data team, but also assist the backend teams with data gathering efforts. Avoiding data loss and ensuring data quality should be core to your thinking and methods.
We think you have a background as a backend engineer with a focus on databases, data-pipeline and general data processing technologies.
You are senior enough to be comfortable in an eventual lead-role if you feel we need to build out the data engineering team.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Ensure architecture will support business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Collaborate with business intelligence team to improve data systems.
- Keep data available and secure.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Have a solid understanding of databases and datastores in a cloud context
- Understand common data access patterns
- Strong and self-going programmer
- Understand data transport technologies suitable for ingest at scale
- Process and transform data to formats appropriate for processing
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Working in a fast growing and changing market
- Being part of a rapidly growing Engineering team in the hottest scale up in Europe
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!