Geoanalytics Data Scientist
Business Intelligence and Data - Sweden – Stockholm
Voi Technology is the leading European micro-mobility company and innovator within the market for last-mile transportation in Europe. We are currently looking for people to join our small but high-performing Business Intelligence & Analytics team.
We are now looking for a driven Data Scientist with interest in developing geospatial mathematical models to predict and optimize the utilization of our scooter fleet.
The team at Voi is full of motivated individuals with a “can-do” mindset. We are not afraid to get into the trenches. We seek opportunities to learn, gain perspective, and build character. We see obstacles as challenges to overcome, not barriers. We give our best in everything that we do.
Voi’s data team is an essential part of our organization. You will be able to create solutions that will make an impact as soon as it reaches its users. You will be able to work with all aspects of the data domain, analytics, visualizations, front/back-end statistics and more. Some of the technologies we use are BigQuery, Tableau, SnowFlake, Matillion, Python - and we keep an eye out for more efficient tools and methods.
Join us if you want to build your career in a revolutionary company and one of Europe's hottest scale-ups.
You will work hands-on to improve how people (and machines) work with data and utilize its potential, through statistics, tools, reports, and insights.
More specifically, you will work closely with our central Operations and Strategy teams to build and improve on the current understanding of drivers of fleet utilization. As part of a dedicated task force focused on improving the number of rides per day and vehicle you will lead the work on prediction of optimal fleet locations. You will work alongside business driven program managers, BI toolkit developers and data engineers.
- 4+ years in a Data Scientist or R&D role focusing on mathematical prediction models, a plus if related to geospatial intelligence
- Master or PhD degree in a mathematical focused discipline, including but not limited to physics, mathematics, statistics and geoanalytics, from a leading university
- Experience working directly with stakeholders
- A demonstrated high degree of autonomy and independence
- An analytical, “get-it-right” personality with a strong sense for developing robust experiments
- Strong command of a statistical modelling language of your choice (e.g. Python)
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Being part of a rapidly growing company in the hottest scale up in Europe
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that makes a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!