Voi is one of the largest and fastest growing micro-mobility companies in Europe. We recently raised $85 million from prominent investors such as Vostok New Ventures, Creandum, Balderton and Project A and is the best funded European e-scooter company. We are now looking for a General Counsel who will be the manager of our existing in-house legal team.
This is a new position within the Voi family, where you will take part in shaping both the legal function and the company as a whole. We screen candidates continuously, so we suggest that you apply as soon as possible if you are interested!
As General Counsel, you are directly reporting to the Deputy CEO/CFO and will add value to the backbone of our business and support in our business development. Acting as legal expert and providing strategic advice to management, you will ensure that Voi is legally compliant and limit unwanted risk exposure. You will also be responsible to:
- Provide expert and legal advice to the management, whilst making sure that all aspects of the business is legally compliant
- Prioritise legal issues for the business and ensure that appropriate action is taken
- Design and implement internal routines and processes for legal matters
- Educate in and standardise commercial, collaborative, employment and customer agreements
- Manage all legal expenses, where you decide on the optimal setup between in-house and external counsel matters
- Work with external stakeholders in negotiations, collaborations, M&A, capital raises and debt issuance
- General corporate matters, shareholder and board documentation.
We believe that the right candidate for this role has broad legal experience, rather than narrow expertise. You have a reliable ability to take initiative wherever needed, and finish tasks with a favourable end result. Adaptable to changing circumstances and flexible when it comes to the dynamic growth of a startup. We also see that you fill the following requirements:
- Formal law degree, additional Masters or MBA degree is of merit
- Several years of work experience from a reputable law firm and proven additional experience of working in an in-house legal department in a leading position. Prior relevant in-house experience is a requirement, and if you have worked in a startup or company with a fast growth is beneficial.
- Proven General Counsel experience in a business environment
- Broad legal experience (corporate law, litigations, labour law, etc.)
- Good communication skills, able to clarify and present cases to the management and the organisation.
- Analytical skills with the ability to assess risks and advantages with every decision.
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Responsibility for a core function at one of the most promising scale-up companies in Europe
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Growth potential, as the team will grow even more in the future
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!