Voi Technology is now looking for a Head of Policy in the UK, Ireland and Benelux. Our vision is cities made for living - free from noise and pollution. We work to realise this vision by offering a fun, sustainable and safe product that integrates with cities and the existing transportation ecosystem. We can only achieve our vision by working closely with city stakeholders, including city officials, local politicians and public transport authorities and operators.
As a senior member of the team, you will have a central role in the company; driving forward and influencing critical regulatory and political processes at local and national level by building good relationships with key stakeholders, while working with HQ to make sure our offering is aligned with cities’ needs. As cities are introducing licensing and tendering for micro-mobility, seizing commercial opportunity by monitoring, planning and writing tender and license applications in cooperation with other functions in the company will also be part of your role. Your role will involve the following:
- Build, manage and own relationships with key city and Government stakeholders
- Build partnerships with public transport operators and authorities.
- Support the Regional General Manager to win city tenders in the region
- Work with relevant third parties to help Voi realise its vision and deliver a safe and sustainable product, including:
- Regular check-ins with key stakeholders to understand concerns and identify areas where we can improve.
- Organizing and managing industry driven initiatives.
- Lead on development of tender and RFI documentation from cities
- Lead on development of key submissions and consultations with government
- Collaborate with the rest of the public policy team to ensure our arguments are solid and backed by evidence.
- Drive cross-functional cooperation on key topics to make Voi a thought leader within safe and sustainable micro-mobility.
- A public facing role within the business, you will be an excellent public speaker and expected to represent the company at events, on stage and in the media.
Are we a perfect match?
As The Head of Policy in UK, Ireland and Benelux at Voi you need a positive mindset and the motivation to change cities for the better. You will be part of a commercially driven team that works cross-functionally to give Voi the best possible conditions for sustainable growth through close relationships to cities and local partners that help us secure licenses and tenders in the cities, where we want to operate.
- +8 years experience from public affairs in one of the following fields: politics, consulting, law firms, public administration, civil society.
- Experience working in a technology and/or mobility start-up a plus.
- Strong knowledge about and a network within UK politics.
- A good knowledge of politics in Ireland and Benelux advantageous
- Proven experience in planning, managing and executing on large cross-functional projects.
- A clear commercial understanding and the ability to translate it to political and regulatory objectives and concrete actions.
- The ability to work in an analytical, structured way - with an eye for detail. This includes the ability to identify trends and upcoming regulation that can impact the business.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent verbal and written English.
What can we offer you?
- A senior role that is critical to the success of the business in the region.
- The opportunity to build and be part of a highly motivated, talented and growing Public Policy team.
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment.
- VOI company culture.
- Great possibilities to have an impact on work that make a difference in building sustainable cities!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!