The Senior Public Policy Manager, UK will build and nurture highly effective, trusted and resilient relationships with MPs, councillors, policymakers, regulators and public transport authorities, cementing Voi’s position as micromobility’s market leading service for safety, sustainability, accessibility and inclusivity. This role reports to Voi’s director of public policy for the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands. .
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Voi in government and other stakeholder meetings, acting as Voi’s primary policy relationship holder for all UK cities.
- Develop and own stakeholder playbooks, policy position papers and other content.
- Work alongside Voi’s Communications team to ensure Voi’s advocacy goals are met.
- Work closely with Voi’s Operations, Product and Legal teams to ensure that Voi’s operations are legally compliant, and to pitch product and service features that support Voi’s public policy objectives.
- Act as a nominated spokesperson for Voi in the media and public facing events.
- Monitor and navigate the regulatory environment, identifying and engaging with core stakeholders.
- Line management of Voi’s UK public policy team, as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience working in close, regular contact with the most demanding political stakeholders.
- Experience of close engagement with local councillors, first responders, and regional branches of national and politically influential charities and membership organisations.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; you will be able to confidently and persuasively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, adapting your messaging for your audience.
- A track record of achieving good outcomes when dealing with hostile audiences and stakeholders.
- A track record of working with agencies (PA, comms) and managing accounts. Successful delivery of campaigns from conception to completion.
- Experience of primary legislation, Government consultations, Select Committees, party political conferences and local as well as national politics.
- Experience working with road safety bodies and / or organisations representing vulnerable road users.
- Demonstrable interest in the transport sector and an understanding of transport infrastructure and governance in the UK.
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability issues.
- Project management experience.
- An established network of relevant contacts.
- Prior experience working as part of a hyper growth SME
- Operate with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism
- Be calm under pressure and able to work at pace while maintaining quality
- Be confident working with senior colleagues and skilled at getting what you need
- Have high attention to detail and adopt an evidence led approach
- Have a strong commitment to customer service
- Be willing to travel throughout the UK on a regular basis.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A senior role that is critical to the success of the business in the region.
- The opportunity to build and be part of a highly motivated, talented and growing Public Policy team.
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment.
- VOI company culture.
Great possibilities to have an impact on work that make a difference in building sustainable cities!
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!