At Voi, we believe in setting the user first in all aspects of development. To do so, using data intelligently and efficient is key to success. The role as Senior Data Scientist will be crucial to further develop this strategy, with primary focus to build best-in-class machine learning and optimization models from scratch.
The role will focus on operations from a perspective of data and model development, yet collaborate in a large and dynamic organization. Our aim is to build a best in class data science team and this role will be a corner stone with great opportunities to set the direction of data science in operations. Primary goal is to achieve tangible business results such as increased uptime, utilization, less maintenance and in the end higher efficiency and better user experience.
- Building tailor made machine learning models to improve fleet utilization, uptime and user experience
- Deploy models in production with distinct actions
- Achieve tangible operational improvements
To be primary responsible for model logic and corresponding software development. Still, key to have full overview of projects, from business logic to implementation.
- Build integrated machine learning tools to be deployed in real time
- Develop production grade code to ensure models are reliable and scalable
- Close collaboration with data team to maximize use of ideas and data
- Work with software engineering team to set requirements, enable data I/O and integrate models to enable best possible product solutions
- Identify and prioritize new projects, always with the view of impact and user first
- PhD or Masters degree in a field linked to computers science, applied mathematics, geoanalytics, machine learning, operational research or similar data centric degree
- Proven experience to build end-to-end machine learning or optimization models with tangible business implications in organizations with complex operational requirements
- Strong command of a modeling language of your choice
- Previous experience from geospatial techniques is a plus
- GCP, Tableau, Snowflake is meriting
- Fluency in English
- Be part of building a top class data science team from early days
- Transforming hands-on operations to become autonomous and data driven
- Identifying, deciding and prioritizing among highly impactful use-cases
- Deploying 100.000 scooters in target markets, seeing the results of your work in your everyday life
- Impact the entire company and be a part of creating the basis for long term success
- Revolutionize the micro-mobility industry and make a difference in building sustainable cities
- Work in a fast-growing international tech-company
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!