As Legal Counsel in the UK, which has the potential to be the largest micro-mobility country in Europe, you are directly reporting to Head of Legal based in the HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, together with whom you will build up the overall legal function at Voi with focus on commercial matters in the UK. The aim of hiring a Legal Counsel in the UK is to help the legal team ensure that Voi is legally compliant, to help driving the business forward and to limit unwanted risk exposure. Legal matters at Voi are currency handled from HQ in Stockholm with support from law firms in the UK, and the plan is to ensure that we have strong in-house competence for all legal matters in the UK. The aim is to while strengthening the newly formed UK organization also to lower Voi’s costs for external legal advice. Foremost, Voi’s business in the UK is presently growing at an avalanche speed due to recent legalisation of e-scooters plus a high number of recently won tenders by Voi in the UK, and the need for local legal competence is thus essential for Voi.
The position will include the following tasks:
- Commercial: Draft and negotiate various commercial agreements (such as supply, partnership, sales, data sharing and integration agreements) and conduct various legal assessments (within e.g. IP and marketing)
- Public: Assist public policy team with public tenders and other public law matters, particularly with negotiating, compliance and renewal of tender agreements
- Compliance: Assist HQ compliance officer with ensuring local compliance with local labour law, GDPR, consumer protection, insurance and product compliance/certification
- Disputes: Handle, negotiate and settle various commercial and consumer disputes
- 5-10 years as in-house counsel or associate in law firm, of which at least one year as in-house counsel at a cooperation and/or authority. Various seniority levels will be considered as interlinked to strengthening the corporate HQ legal function.
- Driven personality able to handle stressful situations, trained to be a highly capable and meticulous lawyer, meanwhile also being capable of pragmatic thinking and decision making
- Ability to independently handle and lead commercial legal matters, including broad experience of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Experience within one or several of the following areas is required: public tenders, public law, GDPR, consumer protection, labour law
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.