Build the cloud infrastructure at one of Europe's hottest startups
The growing Voi Technology team is making the morning commute exponentially more enjoyable. That's why we have created networks of electrically-powered scooters throughout densely populated urban areas. And that's where you could show your skills!
At Voi you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app, and finally operating all above as a whole.
And more specifically we are looking for a new DevOps talent to join our Platform team whose ambition is to build the next generation infrastructure platform at Voi.
Platform team’s mission is enabling engineers to build features and services frictionlessly by providing best in class platforms and tooling.
- Define our infrastructure as code for improved usability, reproducibility, and “auditability”.
- Create tooling that improves developer experience on the Platform. Such as a developer portal, platform health reports, CLI tools, …
- Improve platform observability (including but not limited to security, tracing, monitoring, audit-logs, …)
- Measure and increase platform reliability
You will find below a non-exhaustive list of technologies and tools we find interesting. Take a look at the list and score yourself, a final score around or greater than 25 would indicate that you could be a good fit for us, and us for you.
If you have used comparable technologies that are not listed here but could be relevant to us, let us know!
- Managed infrastructures running on Cloud Platforms — 3 points
- On Google Cloud Platform — 1 point
- With custom VPCs — 1 point
- Used a Docker orchestration tool (Kubernetes, Swarm etc) — 2 points
- Know Kubernetes – 2 points
- Used Helm – 1 point
- Used Terraform — 3 points
- Set-up and optimized CI/CD tools for developer experience— 2 points
- using Github Actions for the CI — 1 point
- implemented canary/red-black style deployment strategies — 2 points
- Written code — 3 points
- In Golang — 1 point
- Experience with a service mesh — 2 points
- Used an HTTP load-balancer — 2 points
- Traefik — 1 point
- Deployed monitoring and observability systems — 2 points
- Prometheus+Grafana stack — 1 point
- Jaeger for tracing — 1 point
- Set-up and used load-testing tools — 2 points
- Provided a framework for automated smoke testing — 2 points
- Read the SRE book — 1 point
- Defined and monitored SLAs/SLOs — 2 points
- Conducted resiliency tests on your systems — 2 points
- With a "Chaos Monkey" style tool — 1 point
- Conducted incident management drills — 1 point
- Worked with security automation software — 2 points
If this sounds exciting and challenging to you, we can offer work in a rapidly changing field. You will work in a team of diverse but also like-minded engineers.
You will literally be part of our vision to build cities made for living free from noise and pollution, and play a critical role in the transformation of European transportation.
If anything of this is you, don’t hesitate to submit your application now.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way—through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background or sexual orientation we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture fit! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.